Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Face Says It All




Well I am 41 weeks :/ and still only dilated to a fingertip. Although lil miss is still looking great so I am very thankful for that! I am definitely ready to get this show on the road! 

Little did I know a couple hours after I took this picture I would wake up around midnight with the flu :( At first I was thinking "oh great" I'm going to be one of those women who's labor starts with flu symptoms (I'll spare you the details) but after 7 hours of running to the bathroom and not keeping anything down and no painful contractions I came to the conclusion that it was indeed just the flu. My nephew Clayton had been sick on Christmas so I am assuming I got a lil bug from him. 

So on to the hospital I went, about 12 hours prior to my scheduled induction. I was feeling pretty miserable at this point and was getting concerned about how dehydrated I was getting. So they started an IV to get me hydrated and also gave me Zofran, which is an antiemetic. I did start feeling much better after that, thank goodness! They went ahead and moved me into a labor room and I just hung out all day until 6pm, when my induction was scheduled to start. My doctor had been out of town and her flight actually got delayed from the day before so we couldn't start it any earlier and honestly I was feeling so crummy the rest and hydration I got prior to the induction was much needed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment